When it works perfectly, PHP is the best thing since sliced bread. When something goes wrong, however, PHP can be real pain. Many of PHP’s settings may not be apparent to you, especially if you only have a shared hosting account and did not install and configure it. PHPInfo is an actual function built into PHP that displays a comprehensive list of PHP features and settings on your server. Here is how you can quickly setup and execute it.
1. Start your favorite text editor. Notepad is sufficient if you are using Windows.
2. Enter the following code into the text file:
3. Save the file as phpinfo.php.
4. Upload the file to your server in the directory of your choice.
5. Open your browser and point it to the address where you uploaded the file.
That is it. You now have a quick and simple script that will always give you information about the PHP installation on your server.