Question: How can I use cPanel to create a MySQL database?
Answer: cPanel uses its own web-based frontend to make database creation very easy. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Login to cPanel
2. Under the Databases section, click “MySQL Databases”
3. Where it says “Create New Database” enter a short name for your database.
4. Click “Create Database”.
Next, you will need to have a user for the database. If you do not have any users, you will need to create one. If you do, skip to step 4.
1. Scroll down to the bottom until you see “Add New User”.
2. Enter a name and password.
3. Click “Create User”
4. Under “Add User To Database” find your user in the dropdown menu and then find the database you created in the second dropdown menu.
5. Click “Add”.
You have now created a database that will give permissions to the user you created. When you install scripts or applications, they will access the database using the username and password you specified. Therefore, make sure you remember it, but also make sure it is secure.