I read a thread in a domain forum today that had some excellent tips for selling domains. Here’s a run-down of the most useful advice:
- Identify potential buyers and contact them directly. Email is fine, but you should have a professional address. Phone calls and faxes are much more effective, however.
- Be concise and to-the-point. Anyone interested in your domain will research what it is worth themselves.
- Be courteous at all times.
- Use an established domain sale or auction service. Many Internet users are leery of buying from unknown individuals.
- Provide potential buyers with your full name and phone number. This greatly increases their confidence and trust in you.
And of course, don’t give up! Selling a domain takes time.